What is a Hand Therapist?
A hand therapist is an occupational therapist or physical therapist who, through advanced study and experience, specializes in the treatment of individuals with conditions affecting the hands, wrist, forearm, and elbow. (American Society of Hand Therapists)
If you have trouble recovering from an injury or surgery or experience a decrease in strength or motion, a free consultation with Makovicka Physical Therapy’s Hand Therapist may start you on your journey to greater function in your day-to-day tasks.
What can a Hand Therapist do for me?
- A hand therapist can provide effective treatment to reduce treatment time.
- Faster recovery results in decreased medical costs
- Functional outcomes ensure a faster return to work and a productive lifestyle
What types of services does a Hand Therapist offer?
- Fine Motor Skills
- Pain Management
- Wound and Scar Management
- Muscle Strengthening
- Ergonomic Education
- Edema Management
- Manual Therapy (IASTM)
- Custom Splint Fabrication
- Use of Electrotherapeutic, Superficial and Deep Thermal Agents
Benefits of Hand Therapy